This page is about creating maps for the randomly generated dungeons.
Each dungeon theme should start with about 10 maps, each being 40x40.
0- Installation Edit
To create dungeon maps, you will need to:
- Download the Map Editor and Raining Chain's tileset (Check Map Creation)
- Download the Dungeon Templates
1- Map Creation Edit
Each dungeon template has fixed entrance size at the top, left, bottom and right side. They must remain open. You must not touch the wall_required layer.
The goal is to connect the walls in the corners but not on the sides.
The map names must be roomXX.tmx starting at 00. Ex: room00.tmx, room01.tmx, room02.tmx etc...
2- Adding Spots Edit
All the following spots must be in the SPOT layer:
- Enemy: e1,e2,e3,e4,e5,e6,e7,e8
- Teleporter: East: t3, West: t4, North: t5, South: t6
- Entrance Well: t1
- Shrine: q1
- Treasure Chest: q2
- Waypoint: q3
- Key: q4
- Obelisk: q5
- Entrance Well is a 3x3 solid actor so make sure there is enough space around it.
- Treasure Chest and Key are 2x2 solid actors. You must place them by using two spot tiles.